BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Tis the season...

to be jolly! I know some of us are having a hard time doing that this year, but if we take the time to remember what Christmas is really all about and be thankful for what we do have, you should have no problem being jolly. Christmas to me is a time to celebrate my faith in God and to spend it with my family and friends, not to see who gets the biggest or best present, but to be thankful we have family and friends to give these presents to. So when I look at my family and know I get to spend this holiday season with them, I know I am blessed and have every reason to be jolly!

My half finished tree. I still need to put on the garland and tweek it up a bit, the kids decorated it all by themselves and for some reason they felt the need to put all the ornaments is one spot and in some spots more than one ornament. All in all, it is still pretty to me!
This is one of my favorite things on my tree, besides all the special ornaments, you know the ones, the construction paper ones with all the glitter and the kids pics on them, the ones they make in school. The tree topper has no special meaning but she is beautiful isn't she....

What better way to spend a cold windy Saturday than at the Harley shop visiting Santa and eating pizza? We met grandma and Kyle at the Crete Harley shop where Santa just so happened to be bike shopping. Alyson was glad that he took some time out to listen to her christmas list....


3 comments:

Suerenity said...

Wow that's a beautiful tree.

Scrap-This said...

I love ur tree. The angel is so beautiful. I agree with you about the real reason for christmas. I am so thankful for my family and for what god has blessed me with.

Theresa said...

Your tree is so pretty. love it. Your kids did a good job... We looked for an angel for our tree topper and never could find the perfect one.. so, we ended up finding the a 70s star.. =) I love Christmas because it allows me to be with those I love... I'd celebrate even if there were no presents..

Merry Christmas